Do you connect with Eagle Eye's mission? We would love to hear from you! Please contact us to find out how to get involved.
Communication, Marketing and Social Media Volunteer
Eagle Eye Institute is a nonprofit organization based in Western Massachusetts with a mission to support and promote the equitable engagement of youth in nature to positively impact their lives, their communities and the natural world, and to elevate time in nature as an essential human right.
We are currently searching for a remote Marketing volunteer who can assist with social media, communications, increasing our brand, events and partnerships, implementing fundraising campaigns, and graphics!
We are looking for a creative individual with a strong commitment to social and environmental justice, to Eagle Eye Institute’s mission, and to under-resourced populations.
The ideal candidate is able to consistently dedicate 5 to 7 hours a week for this volunteer effort and is strongly committed to social justice and access to nature for all.
- To develop in partnership with the board a Social media and marketing plan
- Design and produce MailChimp e-newsletters 4-6 times a year
- Develop and post social media content including photos as needed
- Assist with updating our website
- Assist with marketing our annual hike-a-thon fundraising campaign.
- Design and produce an annual 8 page print newsletter used in our Fall annual campaign.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse audience; to be a good story teller.
- Ability to create beautiful, engaging materials using technical design skills.
- High comfort level with software and technology in general.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
This opportunity is entirely remote and unpaid. This is a great opportunity to gain skills, apply your skills, fill a gap on your resume, make an impact, and/or dedicate your extra time!
- Approximately 5-7 hours volunteer engagement per week.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Marketing or communications preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in experience working in marketing/ communications preferred
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong track record as being strategic.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force for all communication efforts.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work virtually, independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and a one-page letter of interest to MaJa at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, include why you are interested in the position, what you would like to gain on a personal and professional level, and why you would be a good fit for the position.
Eagle Eye Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Eagle Eye is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our hiring and employment practices. We encourage applicants who are underrepresented in the outdoors based on race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, ability, age, gender identity or sexual orientation.