Eagle Eye is proud to be partnering with Giving Tuesday – a global movement to encourage and celebrate giving back – for the second year in a row. Many feel that the Holiday Season is weighed down by senseless consumerism spurred on by Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Led by the 92nd Street Y, Giving Tuesday was established in 2012 by a group of friends and partners who saw an opportunity to channel the generous spirit of the holiday season to inspire action around charitable giving. The goal is to make the Tuesday following Thanksgiving a day where individuals, families, businesses and charities pledge to volunteer their time or donate to an organhttps://eagleeyei.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=2423&action=editization that speaks to them – every year.
We at Eagle Eye feel that Giving Tuesday is a beautiful movement that strongly aligns with our vision of creating a world in which all people are at peace with themselves, others and nature; a world of healthy individuals living in healthy communities, where all people are engaged in the care and protection of Earth’s resources every day. We encourage you to share the Giving Tuesday message and take part in giving yourself on the December 2nd. The more people that celebrate Giving Tuesday the better we all will be.
Here’s what you can do to “Give the Gift of Nature” to an urban youth from Boston this Holiday Season:
1. Join us on Tuesday, Dec 2nd at Flatbread Pizza (Flatbread Pizza Co., 45 Day St., Somerville) for food, fellowship and bowling! For every pizza sold between 5pm and11pm (including take out), Eagle Eye will receive 10% of the proceeds. Flatbread pizza is delicious and nutritious, made with local and organic ingredients in a wood-fired oven. Come hungry, buy raffle tickets and play candlepin bowling. It will be a fun-filled night for family and friends!
To check out the menu, make reservations or order take-out visit Flatbread Pizza at Sacco’s Bowl Haven in Davis Square.
2. Click “Donate” at www.eagleeyei.org. Visit our “Sponsor a Youth” or “Contribution Levels” pages for ideas, and request a Gift Card for your gift recipient via email@example.com. Thank you and happy shopping!
3. Buy your Holiday gifts using Amazon.com’s charitable wing – Amazon Smile. Once you select Eagle Eye Institute as your charity of choice, .05% of your purchase price will be automatically donated at no extra cost to you. Amazon Smile offers the same exact Amazon products for the same exact Amazon prices – the only difference is that you can make a difference while you shop with Amazon Smile. Happy Shopping!
4. Help us promote Giving Tuesday by joining us on Facebook or Twitter @EagleEyeInst. Here is some sample language:
- Perfect antidote to overspending on #BlackFriday? #GivingTuesday coming on Dec 2. Support Eagle Eye Institute – www.eagleeyei.org!
- Ever thought one day of giving thanks isn’t enough? Get ready for #GivingTuesday. Dec 2 donate to Eagle Eye Institute – www.eagleeyei.org.
- Promote and celebrate the great American tradition of giving. Give the “Gift of Nature” to an urban youth on #GivingTuesday Dec 2 at www.eagleeyei.org.
- Kick off the Holiday Season on Giving Tuesday. Dec 2 support Eagle Eye Institute – www.eagleeyei.org!
5. Go to http://www.givingtuesday.org/ to learn more about Giving Tuesday, follow them on twitter @GivingTues, and use the #GivingTuesday hashtag.
Thanks for your help and have a wonderful Holiday Season!
By Christina Oliva
Curriculum and Development Specialist