Interested in sharing your love of nature with urban youth?
Eagle Eye relies on Natural Resource Professionals (NRPs), scientists, and environmental educators to provide hands-on, exploratory learning on environmental topics to our program participants. If you are a naturalist, interpreter, or educator and connect with Eagle Eye’s mission, consider volunteering for one of our unique environmental programs. We provide each new program instructor with training materials and an orientation before volunteering.
By being a mentor and sharing your scientific knowledge and/or outdoor skills with urban youth, you can help underserved populations better understand and care for the land. As an NRP, you can promote personal growth and increase awareness of environmental career opportunities for a diverse audience, while receiving the benefit of exploring the outdoors with enthusiastic youth. Please consider bringing your expertise and field knowledge to our programs this season.
Contact us for more information!
Examples of an Ideal Instructor:
- A science teacher with the summer off that is interested in gaining experience teaching youth outside the classroom
- An environmental educator from an environmental center committed to engaging a diverse population
- A college student majoring in environmental education interested in sharing their love of nature with urban youth
- A natural resource professional looking to expand education at his or her agency
- A community member committed to creating connections among people in his or her community